InterContinental Hotels & Resorts (IHG) received awards for the world’s leading hotel brand and world’s leading new hotel as well as 11 other leading hotel categories at the World Travel Awards 2009.
The world’s leading new hotel title was awarded to InterContinental Residence Suites Dubai Festival City. These were the group’s first luxury residence in the UAE. They have been specially designed to cater the needs for extended stays. They opened in July 2009 and the property offers 212 apartments.
InterContinental Berchtesgaden Resort won two titles in its country category, Germany’s leading resort and Germany’s leading spa resort.
Nearly 3000 travel companies were nominated in over 200 categories in the ceremony. Other InterContinental Hotels & Resorts award winners include:
• InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa – Australasia’s Leading Spa Resort
• InterContinental Prague – Czech Republic’s Leading Hotel
• InterContinental Aphrodite Hills Resort Hotel – Cyprus’s Leading Golf Resort
• InterContinental Hong Kong – Hong Kong’s Leading Business Hotel
• InterContinental Almaty – Kazakhstan’s Leading Hotel
• InterContinental Wellington – New Zealand’s Leading Business Hotel
• InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam – Netherland’s Leading Business Hotel
• InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort – Panama’s Leading Resort
• InterContinental Warsaw – Poland’s Leading Hotel
The awards are voted for by 167,000 travel tourism and hospitality professionals across the globe.
InterContinental Residences Suites